couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google+ community?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 20:27:20 GMT
We are the community organisers for CouchDB. This list. Everyone reading
this email.

And the ASF tools might be clunky and whatever, but we have to make do with
them. And the ASF community guidelines dictate to us that we must keep
project activity happening on the lists where it can be seen by everyone.

These guidelines are not arbitrary either. Their goal is not to suppress
any discussion of a project outside of the project. Their goal is to make
sure that communities do not become fractured. Which is, again, a problem
that we ought to take seriously. How do we get as much of the project
activity happening in a single place so people can follow it?

Benoit, I think a weekly news thing is a great idea. And I've been
considering this for a few weeks now. Check out what CloudStack do. It's a
weekly roundup of all the things going on on the lists, and off the lists.

https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/entry/apache_cloudstack_weekly_news_11

I asked a few questions about how this is being put together. Response here:

http://markmail.org/message/d5td5ysoxonm7lvl

Now, who wants to take this idea and run with it?

Matt, if you make a request to infra they might consider removing your mail.

--
NS