couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "matt j. sorenson" <m...@sorensonbros.net>
Subject Re: Google+ community?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:04:45 GMT
I think about the aggregation and curation challenge sometimes...

and *sometimes* I even think of ways it might be made easier. I just tried
Feed+ for generating feeds from public G+ posts -- it seems to work great
for individual profiles, but failed for the Community profile. I emailed
the author (a google employee and google apps script extraordinaire) to see
about getting support in there for G+ Communities.

if that were to become possible, then there can be a feed of posts. Maybe
there's a way to rank by the accumulated +1's (in the feed, or
post-processing).

The feed could be

MAPPED

to an aggregator (I do this a lot in Drupal with feeds to import content,
but it could just be dropped into a public couch instance); and then the
newsy mailing-list worthy stuff could be quickly

REDUCED

by a tagging mechanism. E.g. tag share-worthy things "mailing list" and a
weekly job sniffs those out and sends them to the mailing list. It's
automated, but it's curated first.

I'm not sure if all that hypothetical hocus pocus technology would actually
make it easier than just scanning the community once a week sending out
some interesting links :P I'm just brainstorming.

 :D

--
*matt j. sorenson*

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> I had a chat with Infra and they do not like automated posts to the mailing
> list. I am going to set up some alarms for me to remind me to do weekly
> roundups. That also means I get to curate the stuff I think is important.
>

> On 9 March 2013 22:27, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > i will have a look to see if it can be  automatised. If not i can
> > probably do the weekly summary.
> >
> > - benoit
> >
> > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Benoit,
> > >
> > > As you seem to be a steward of the Google+ community, I was wondering
> > this
> > > morning if you would consider doing a weekly roundup of the activity
> > > happening over there?
> > >
> > > See my recent posts to the user list with links to StackOverflow
> > questions.
> > >
> > > Do you think this would be valuable?

> reading

> > keep