couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "matt j. sorenson" <m...@sorensonbros.net>
Subject Re: Google+ community?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 16:29:55 GMT
1) community growth will happen organically (as it ought), or it won't
happen.

2) I believe email is the least best "single" canonical destination.

Not least of all because the mailing list and the apache web interface to
the mailing list is a lousy news, information, and knowledge archive. That
in itself is enough of a limiting factor.

I think Benoit's on the right track - on the website, s/Mailing
List/Community and build the couchdb "planet", which aggregates the pockets
of couchdb cliques (as you refer to them) around the web as they emerge
and/or are discovered. Then encourage more cliques and more sharing. The
web decentralizes naturally and if someone thinks they can buck that and
control it, it will probably do more harm than good.

p.s. who *is* (are) the community organizer(s) for couchdb?

--
*matt j. sorenson*
mobile: 320-424-0309

phone calls always welcome :)