couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code topics
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:48:54 GMT
On 22 March 2013 19:14, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:
>>  Implement partial reads and updates of documents,
>
> In case anyone didn't know, you can do partial updates right now with an
> update handler.  I have been using one for some time that allows the app to
> modify any part of a doc with a single http request.  It even allows one to
> modify an attribute nested inside objects.  I've ended up using only this
> for all updates.

Hi Mark,

Completely true. Maybe you would like to contribute that back perhaps?
Even as a wiki entry that would be useful for folk, and I'm happy to
help clean up / document if required.

I was thinking at the time of the JSON PATCH draft RFC, aka

http://www.mnot.net/blog/2012/09/05/patch
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5789
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-json-patch-10
https://github.com/json-patch/json-patch-tests
https://npmjs.org/package/json-patch

Did you use this approach, or tackle it differently?

Another idea that I had on the back burner was implementing
cryptographic support for doc signing, e.g. pgp-like signing and
validation, or even encryption. I think Jim Klo has done this or
something similar already.

A+
Dave