couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject 1.3.0 release cycle & R16B support
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:56:50 GMT
Hi folks,

Do we, or do we not, include R16B support in 1.3.0?

I am not in favour of releasing this in 1.3.0 as the code will have
had no real-world usage in couchdb at all. But I'd propose we get a
1.3.1 out the door as soon as we are comfortable with it.

NB I amended the JIRA ticket as blocker for the moment, will update
after we reach a consensus.

# background

- A number of bleeding edge distros (arch linux, gentoo, OSX homebrew)
already have R16B as default.
- Our mochiweb library is old & atm requires parameterised modules
which were removed[1] in R16B.
- Steve Vinoski patched[2] Mochiweb to support R16B and the resulting
2.4.2 tag of Mochiweb includes it
- I've done part of a branch[3] to start this but probably won't
finish it until next week; not all tests pass yet[4]

[1]: http://www.erlang.org/download_release/18
[2]: https://github.com/mochi/mochiweb/commit/23a1d48665c615a6f4751041deedd3925a3e00f8
[3]: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=tree;hb=1696-update-mochiweb-2-4-2
[4]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1696