couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: The BigCouch merge, CouchDB 2.0, 3.0 and later
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2013 19:32:41 GMT
On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Bikeshed away! :)

Will there be discussion on API changes for BigCouch stuff? I don't
really have a clue on how BigCouch is different from CouchDB exactly,
all I know is it does some clustering and that's why some things are
different. In my perception (as someone who doesn't really need
clustering), it seems that "different" would be "more complicated"
here in most cases, so I'm a little bit ambivalent about BigCouch
merging into CouchDB (although obviously there could be lots of great
stuff too, I don't really know!).

Also, +1 on Jan's point re minimizing the amount and size of flag days
(i.e. big 2.0.0 release).

Cheers,

Dirkjan