couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comments threads on Github
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:02:45 GMT
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> Till, yeah. My original email was my knee-jerk. And I knew it sounded
> awful as I was writing it. (See the end of the email for the admission of
> that.) I think pulling in the comments *from* Github is the way forward
> here. I see Jan is pursing this with Infra at the moment. Thanks Jan! And
> thanks folks for putting up with my thinking-out-loud.
>

> On 15 March 2013 12:41, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 15, 2013, at 13:36 , till <klimpong@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I think requiring the mailing list is counter intuitive. I know what the
>> rules and regulations are, but it's often an advantage when comments and
>> discussion happen where the related code is. Everything else (e.g.
>> copy/pasting URL references in an additional email to satisfy maybe
>> slightly out-dated rules and regulations) is too much work. ;-)
>> >
>> > Maybe I can try to help bridging comments to this mailing list if wanted.
>>
>> yeah, what we need/want is a script that not only notifies this list of
>> created and closed pull requests, but also the comments made on them. IIRC
>> I chatted with Paul Davis about this at ApacheCon EU and I don’t recall
>> anything blocking this except extending the script that does the current
>> email notifications to do more. Paul can correct me.
>>
>> I’m major +1 on making Pull Requests a first class citizen on this list.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jan

hrm, isn't there any review tool available in the apache ecosystem
too? I'm worried about all the history on the you give to a third
party which is I think the original intention of having most of the
things done on the mls and in apache sources repositories.

There are projects around that discuss about patches on the ml with
diff attached. Which is also cool and make me able to have the thread
on my machine when I'm off for a few hours.

- benoît