couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject [feedback] mozjs17.0.0
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 02:36:44 GMT
Hi,

As promised, I finally had time to test a build of Apache CouchDB
using latest stable spidermonkey from Mozilla [1] . For this test I
used rcouch which only use the spidermonkey 1.8.5 version of couchjs
but the code is similar to the one in Apache CouchDB.

All tests are green. It didn't imply any changes in the source code.

Some important changes though:

This version of spidermonkey can't be built with llvm gcc. It requires
either clang or gcc. It also requires a new version of NSPR. I used
latest (4.9.6) .

Anyway that's good news. Now we need to update configure to handle this version.

- benoƮt.

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/SpiderMonkey/17