couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Send Github new comment notifications to the dev list
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:33:53 GMT
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Eli Stevens (Gmail)
<wickedgrey@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the info! Sounds like it would allows to have a 2-way
>> channel. not so trivially I guess but possible :)
>>

> What isn't trivial about it, in your mind?  To me, it seems like including
> an email on the CC list is about as trivial as it gets.
>
> The only complication that I can imagine is the dev@ list software munging
> the headers somehow in a way that made it difficult to get at the actual
> email address needed.  I bet the folks at github would respond pretty well
> to a request to change up the included headers to make it easier for this
> kind of collaboration.
>
> Eli

I was more thinking on how to make sure that someone that answer to
the thread on the dev ml would have their response fowarded to github.

Maybe we could have an apache bot subscribed to the ml that does the
job. Not sure how trivial it is :)

- benoƮt