couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Send Github new comment notifications to the dev list
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:47:07 GMT
On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 5:02 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> Finally, please stop bringing up vendor-neutralness. This is a non-
> issue here. The second GitHub starts acting in a way we don’t like
> it, we can drop everything. Again, this is an optimisation for sub-
> group of developers that helps the project overall without making it
> harder for anyone else using other means *and* it doesn’t put Apache
> CouchDB into a vender-lock-in situation down the road.

The vendor neutrality is not only about making sure that the vendor
become evil. It is also about to make sure that anyone can have access
and interact with alll the part of the project.  Github is a *private
US company*. And some people for any combinaisons of these words they
don't have any access to github. While the apache foundation is
neutral by nature.

- benoît