couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject RHEL6 / AWS Testing
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 23:31:42 GMT
I took some time today to run the 1.3.x branch through the tests on an
EBS-optimized large instance running the 64-bit RHEL 6.3 AMI with a
10GB XFS partition mounted as /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb.

Here's my experience and notes on what's different from the current
RHEL5 installation wiki page:

- libcurl from the repositories is new enough now

- gcc-g++ is now a requirement, for snappy

- I had to merge COUCHDB-1692 [0] and COUCHDB-1699 [1] in order to
successfully build from git source

Here's what happened with the test suite:

- First time segfault. Logs about local.ini. After chown
/usr/local/etc/couchdb it seems to work.
- form_submit failed the first time. Succeeded when run individually
- attachment_ranges fails in Chrome but not FF. I think this is expected IIRC.
- stats failed the first time and said it managed to trigger an all
dbs active, worked second time
- replication and replicator_db did pass first try (after 6 minutes
and 2 minutes respectively)

I propose we merge the patches in the aforementioned tickets (and the
init script change in COUCHDB-1449 [2]) to master and 1.3.x.

All in all, it looks pretty good, actually.

-Randall

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1692
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1699
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1449