couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Arne Fischer <arne.fisc...@letsdev.de>
Subject CouchDB problem with slow filter, even in Erlang
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:00:27 GMT
We are using CouchDB as a Database in a Mobile context. Because of this performance and data
size is a problem and very important to us.
We tried writing a filter in erlang within a design element, but sadly we didn't notice a
upgrade in speed. It takes us about 3 minutes to find documents within a database of 90k elements.

These filters will later be used to replicate the database to a mobile device.
Code samples are in this  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15388488/very-slow-filters-with-couchdb-even-with-erlang
Stack overflow post.
How is it possible to increase filter speed?
Is it a mistake to write erlang filters within the _design/ documents? If yes where do you
put the filter?
We would really like to use CouchDB more and this is hindering us right now.

kind regards,
Arne Fischer