couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Garren Smith ...@redcometlabs.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with Fauxton (Was: Re: Committer nominations welcome)
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:13:30 GMT
Adding it now.

and then todo.md (http://todo.md) for some things that need to be done.

>> Understanding the code:
>> Each bit of functionality is its own seperate module or addon. All core modules are
stored under app/module and any addons that are optional are under app/addons.
>> We use backbone.js (http://backbonejs.org/) and Backbone.layoutmanager quite heavily
(https://github.com/tbranyen/backbone.layoutmanager) so best to get an idea how they work.
Its best at this point to read through a couple of the modules and addons to get an idea of
how they work. I would recommend starting with something easy like app/addon/config then take
a look at app/modules/databases. Each module must have a base.js file, this is read and compile
when Fauxton is deployed. A resource.js file is usually for your Backbone.Models and Backbone.Collections,
view.js for your Backbone.Views. The routes.js is used to register a url path for your view
along with what layout, data, breadcrumbs and api point is required for the view.

>> That should hopefully get you started Fauxton. If you have any more questions let
me know and I or one of the other Fauxton committers can will help you out. I'm also in the
couchdb irc channel as garren.

>> Cheers
>> Garren
>>

>> On 11 Mar 2013, at 4:36 PM, Dominic Barnes <dominic@dbarnes.info (mailto:dominic@dbarnes.info)>
wrote:

>>> How can I get started? Any wiki pages or other resources I can refer to? A
>>> walk-through of the code would be awesome. :)

and tell us why you think they should be

That is a dedicated resource for

Just

;)