couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couchdb pull request: Fix CORS error with attachments
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:56:50 GMT

On Mar 10, 2013, at 21:53 , Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> Well, it might be a nice way for:
>
> * Non-committers to submit work (without us asking them to use Github)
> * New committers to get started before they feel confident to adopt the CTR
> model
> * Established committers to request a second set of eyeballs before the
> commit lands on master

I am all for making the current process easier, but I don’t quite see how
adding more steps helps here.

Current ways to submit work:

 - Email or link a patch to dev@ or JIRA.
 - Email or link a git commit on dev@ or JIRA.
 - Open a pull request on Github.

What are we missing?

> “without us asking them to use Github”

The situations tends to be that we need to ask people not to use Github
than the other way around.

Cheers
Jan