couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Wendall Cada <wenda...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.3.0-rc.2
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:58:39 GMT
On 03/26/2013 07:34 AM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2013, at 15:27 , Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> -1.
>>>
>>> Like most of the people there, tests aren't OK here until patched.
>>> Since we already have a patch, I would like like Jan [1] propose
>>> another vote with this patch committed in 1.3.x. .
>> Just to clarify a little i'm -1 because the tests aren't passing.  And
>> I think it's important to have make check working for most people
>> especially the vendors and distributors.
> I fall in a similar line now, but I’d like to hear from others here that
> are closer to packaging (Joan, (Ran|Wen)dall, Dirkjan, etc.) as to how much
> impact this would have.
-1

Same situation. I think there is a reasonable fix in for the one
consistently failing test. Other testing issues aside, I think we'll be
better off aborting and moving to a new release with the fix Jan put in
and docs updated to reflect new erlang issue. We should discuss further
in the meeting today as well as a topic item.

Wendall