couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Wendall Cada <wenda...@83864.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.3.0-rc.1
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 12:19:17 GMT
My issue is that the process for a typically release takes me about ~2
hrs to fully test, build packages and vote. I spent about 6 hours
yesterday (that I really didn't have, but really care about CouchDB),
and still was unable to get a successful rpm to build because test
failures. These tests also take a very long time to complete, so
re-running in a loop until they pass is a tough proposition.

What I'd hate to see is a downstream release person getting this,
expecting to spend an hour on it, and having it eat half their day.
Also, the current builds break my "production ready" criteria
internally, and I think this will be the same for others.

While I fully realize that my vote won't slow this from being released,
I've personally been unable to actually use 1.3.0, as I'm still stuck
trying to get tests to fully run.

As for detailed information, I started another thread for this, and I
can give any additional details necessary as they are requested.
Additionally, I'll spend some time today mucking about with the tests a
bit to see if I can get something useful for an actual report.

Wendall