couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Wendall Cada <wenda...@83864.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.3.0-rc.1
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:42:20 GMT
On 03/11/2013 03:05 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
> Flakey tests are frustrating, but I don't think they will block the release.
I think they are blockers. CouchDB already has a problem with downstream
maintainers keeping packages current. This effectively pushes these
problems onto the packagers. IMO, this is a critical PR issue as well.
Want to improve the project image? Quit shipping builds that require
hours of work for packagers. Additionally, failing tests block any
production packages for our company. I set these standards, and I don't
think this is unreasonable, nor different from what you'd find with
other companies using couchdb seriously. Encouraging packagers to
disable the test suite isn't good either. I still maintain a -1 and
think this build is broken.

> Can you provide details of your segfault?
I made note of it in this post
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201303.mbox/%3C513E493B.80707%4083864.com%3E

Wendall