couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: fauxton in its own repo.
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:10:38 GMT

On Mar 18, 2013, at 23:06 , Stephen Bartell <snbartell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Referencing the topic [Merging the fauxton branch into master]
>
> Im just wondering, why can't fauxton development take place in an entirely separate repo
from couch.  Its a couch app after all, correct?

> I think fauxton could be an example of couch's modular design.
>
> As I write this email, I think I've realized a blocker to this idea.  And that is that
Couch really lives in a single ASF repo.  Nonetheless, I want to throw this out there.

We decided against a multi-repo setup as managing multiple repos are a bit of a pain. There
is some more context here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1664

tl;dr: eh :)

Jan