couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comments threads on Github
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:41:39 GMT

On Mar 15, 2013, at 13:36 , till <klimpong@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think requiring the mailing list is counter intuitive. I know what the rules and regulations
are, but it's often an advantage when comments and discussion happen where the related code
is. Everything else (e.g. copy/pasting URL references in an additional email to satisfy maybe
slightly out-dated rules and regulations) is too much work. ;-)

> Maybe I can try to help bridging comments to this mailing list if wanted.

yeah, what we need/want is a script that not only notifies this list of created and closed
pull requests, but also the comments made on them. IIRC I chatted with Paul Davis about this
at ApacheCon EU and I don’t recall anything blocking this except extending the script that
does the current email notifications to do more. Paul can correct me.

I’m major +1 on making Pull Requests a first class citizen on this list.

Cheers
Jan