couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 13:02:05 GMT

On Feb 15, 2013, at 13:45 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2013, at 13:43 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

I tried different compiler switches like "-mmacosx-version-min=10.6".
build on 10.8 can only run on 10.8.

>>> The magic is that I compiled it on 10.7. I’ll keep a VM around for that.

script (from master). It allows configuration via the environment $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE.
This allows to move the logs and database files to the user file space. Doing so the app can
run on r/o paths.
I guess we can copy this over as it is done with the "erl" script.

>>> Hm, I am not too keen on diverting from the shipping versions, but would this
mean if we ship 1.2.1 as is, that people wouldn’t see their 1.2.0 databases, unless I configure
the same $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE? Where does the config file live?

>> Fun, I can’t get the 1.2.0 binary* to run on any of my Macs. It crashes on startup,
no useful log information.

> Curiously, running ./bin/couchdb from within the bundle works just fine.

rm ~/Library/Preferences/*couch* helped.

Just curious, why aren’t we using -a /path/to/file instead of the ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE?

I might just rewrite the ObjC code to use -a, to be 1.2.x compatible without patching ./bin/couchdb

Best
Jan
--

>> So I can’t test upgrades. For anyone still having a working 1.2.0 Mac binary here,
can you tell me, what the non-customised database_dir (and other file paths are)?

or https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0-20120614.zip
via https://github.com/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/downloads*

>> Best
>> Jan