couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: Node.js npm December usage
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:21:19 GMT
Hi, Hans! I just emailed asking if you were on this list. I guess I should
pay better attention myself!

Yes we use, if you will, wide-area load balancing and also local-area load
balancing.

Locally, we have CouchDB replicas and reverse-proxies.

Globally, we run a content distribution network, primarily using a custom
Node.js DNS server: https://github.com/iriscouch/dnsd. We use geolocation
to route to the best data center.

Both systems also provide high-availability features. If a couch is down,
we do not (well, ideally!) route to it. If the reverse-proxies are down, we
do not include its IP address in the DNS response.

--
Iris Couch