couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject In-browser debugging with Node.js couchjs
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:04:13 GMT
I just pushed more work in my nodejs_couchdb branch.

I have a working in-browser GUI debugger. You can set breakpoints, step
through code, inspect data values. This works for any JavaScript code
CouchDB runs: map/reduce functions, validate_doc_update, filters, etc.

I put up some quick screenshots and mp4 screencast to show what it's like:

https://jhs.iriscouch.com/files/debugger/debug.html

I would love to hear feedback from people. What are your thoughts?

Me? I think it shows the power of Node.js. It shows possible opportunity
cost if we do not use it.

Thanks!

--
Iris Couch