couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Eli Stevens (Gmail)" <wickedg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 18:24:06 GMT
As best I can recall, I did the following under OSX 10.7.5:

- Download the .zip
- Decompress it
- Copy it to applications
- Doubleclick Apache CouchDB to start it
- Ran a test script that I have for a library of mine (that's all of the
couchable stuff in the logs), which worked fine.
- Poked around in the UI a bit using the latest beta build of Firefox (this
might have overlapped the couchable tests).
- Disabled Firebug (but didn't restart FF, not sure if that's important).
- Ran the test suite.
- Got a notification that Apache CouchDB had crashed.
- Put the logs on gist:
https://gist.github.com/wickedgrey/e5e566b999fe61f7432b  Errors (restarts?)
start around line 500, but don't seem to actually bring down the server.
 The crash stuff is at the end.

I restarted couchdb and tried to let the tests continue to run, but I am
pretty sure they were borked by that point.  I can supply those logs too
(it crashed again shortly after I tried to restart it).  Anything else I
can provide?

I should note that I have the 1.2.0 "CouchDB Server" OSX binary as well,
though it obviously wasn't running at the time.  I don't think I'd ever run
the test suite for that version, though it had been working fine for my
light use otherwise (dev testing and the like).

Eli

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Ryan Ramage <ryan.ramage@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 on 10.6.8
>

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 on 10.8.2.
> >
> > On 14 February 2013 17:24, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Same link, next try:
> > >
> > > http://people.apache.org/~jan/Apache-CouchDB-1.2.1.zip
> > >
> > > This works on 10.7 and 10.8 for me.
> > >
> > > If I get a few +1s here, I’ll put it on the site.
> > >
> > > Best
> > > Jan
> > > --

> > build-couchdb,