couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:43:36 GMT

On Feb 14, 2013, at 22:50 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2013, at 21:44 , Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de> wrote:
>
>> +1 It runs on 10.8.2.
>>
>> Props on getting this running on earlier OSXes. I had no luck with this. I tried
different compiler switches like "-mmacosx-version-min=10.6".
>> I even used a completely new tool chain based on gcc-mp-4.5. I believe everything
build on 10.8 can only run on 10.8.

> The magic is that I compiled it on 10.7. I’ll keep a VM around for that.
>

>> On point though. I have checked in a modified version of the couchdb start script
(from master). It allows configuration via the environment $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE.
This allows to move the logs and database files to the user file space. Doing so the app can
run on r/o paths.
>> As this was also used in version 1.2 the update to 1.2.1 will find old databases.
I guess we can copy this over as it is done with the "erl" script.

> Hm, I am not too keen on diverting from the shipping versions, but would this mean if
we ship 1.2.1 as is, that people wouldn’t see their 1.2.0 databases, unless I configure
the same $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE? Where does the config file live?

Fun, I can’t get the 1.2.0 binary* to run on any of my Macs. It crashes on startup, no useful
log information.

So I can’t test upgrades. For anyone still having a working 1.2.0 Mac binary here, can you
tell me, what the non-customised database_dir (and other file paths are)?

We need to make this solid.

* https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0-OS%20X%2010.7.3.zip
or https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0-20120614.zip
via https://github.com/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/downloads*

Best
Jan
--

> Best
> Jan
> --
>

>> - Hans
>>

>> On Feb 14, 2013, at 6:24 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Same link, next try:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~jan/Apache-CouchDB-1.2.1.zip
>>>
>>> This works on 10.7 and 10.8 for me.
>>>
>>> If I get a few +1s here, I’ll put it on the site.
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Jan
>>> --

Mac