couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:48:46 GMT
Note: uploaded a new version to the same location that fixes an issue if you are *not* upgrading
(or otherwise don’t have a ~/Library/Preferences/couchdb-server.ini

Jan
--

On Feb 15, 2013, at 15:40 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> Okay, cool, I think I've got this:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jan/dist/packages/mac/1.2.1/
>
> Has a binary and signatures (please test) for a 1.2.1 that behaves like 1.2.0 that it
picks up ~/Library/Preferences/couchdb-server.ini

> Commits I made for this:
>
> https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/3110ca47c33878fb4e89ccbab988683afcc5a837
> https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/36dffe68b63351ba2c264c3501a9cf5cf3b07857
> https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/ee9735b1a672d7e524ab4c94850c137ec9abfeac
> https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/a9146c1adbd97aa8e93bb3968c8c18abb72c9e61
>
> Please test the binary one more time, I’d especially like to hear upgrade stories,
where customisations (say create an admin) from 1.2.0 still apply when you run 1.2.1.

> Again, the main test suite will mostly give some trouble, but "Verify Installation" should
be all fine.

> Woot Woot!
> Jan
> --
>

> On Feb 15, 2013, at 14:02 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

this. I tried different compiler switches like "-mmacosx-version-min=10.6".
everything build on 10.8 can only run on 10.8.

start script (from master). It allows configuration via the environment $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE.
This allows to move the logs and database files to the user file space. Doing so the app can
run on r/o paths.
old databases. I guess we can copy this over as it is done with the "erl" script.

this mean if we ship 1.2.1 as is, that people wouldn’t see their 1.2.0 databases, unless
I configure the same $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE? Where does the config file live?

on startup, no useful log information.

>>> Curiously, running ./bin/couchdb from within the bundle works just fine.
>>
>> rm ~/Library/Preferences/*couch* helped.
>>
>> Just curious, why aren’t we using -a /path/to/file instead of the ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE?
>>
>> I might just rewrite the ObjC code to use -a, to be 1.2.x compatible without patching
./bin/couchdb

>> Best
>> Jan
>> --

here, can you tell me, what the non-customised database_dir (and other file paths are)?

or https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0-20120614.zip
via https://github.com/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/downloads*

Sorry, I've lost track.

put some work in to get

that makes

<jan@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
line 263:
directory on 10.8

<jan@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
zip file for 10.7 and 10.8 on

put it up on the website:

at 17:22 , Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de>

1.2.1 binaries are ready to test. I tested on

or the basics.js test I get
`couchjs` solo I get:

loaded: /opt/local/lib/libidn.11.dylib
/Users/jan/Downloads/Apache