couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 21:49:16 GMT

On Feb 15, 2013, at 22:34 , Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2013, at 5:48 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Note: uploaded a new version to the same location that fixes an issue if you are
*not* upgrading (or otherwise don’t have a ~/Library/Preferences/couchdb-server.ini

>> Jan
>> --
>>
>> On Feb 15, 2013, at 15:40 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, cool, I think I've got this:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~jan/dist/packages/mac/1.2.1/
>>>
>>> Has a binary and signatures (please test) for a 1.2.1 that behaves like 1.2.0
that it picks up ~/Library/Preferences/couchdb-server.ini

>>> https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/36dffe68b63351ba2c264c3501a9cf5cf3b07857
>>> https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/ee9735b1a672d7e524ab4c94850c137ec9abfeac
>>> https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/a9146c1adbd97aa8e93bb3968c8c18abb72c9e61
>>>
>>> Please test the binary one more time, I’d especially like to hear upgrade stories,
where customisations (say create an admin) from 1.2.0 still apply when you run 1.2.1.

>>> Again, the main test suite will mostly give some trouble, but "Verify Installation"
should be all fine.

>>> Woot Woot!
>>> Jan
>>> --

luck with this. I tried different compiler switches like "-mmacosx-version-min=10.6".
I believe everything build on 10.8 can only run on 10.8.

the couchdb start script (from master). It allows configuration via the environment $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE.
This allows to move the logs and database files to the user file space. Doing so the app can
run on r/o paths.
will find old databases. I guess we can copy this over as it is done with the "erl" script.

but would this mean if we ship 1.2.1 as is, that people wouldn’t see their 1.2.0 databases,
unless I configure the same $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE? Where does the config file live?

crashes on startup, no useful log information.

Mac binary here, can you tell me, what the non-customised database_dir (and other file paths
are)?

or https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0-20120614.zip
via https://github.com/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/downloads*

non-goal for build-couchdb,

project, that has a pretty
which fixes paths and things.

<jan@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
for this? Sorry, I've lost track.

I will put some work in to get
the GitHub issues if so.

that makes

automating the relocatable Mac

/couchdbx-core/bin/couchdb: line 263:
file or directory on 10.8

<jan@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
a correct zip file for 10.7 and 10.8 on

we can put it up on the website:

2013, at 17:22 , Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de>

CouchDB 1.2.1 binaries are ready to test. I tested on
through.

Installation” or the basics.js test I get
running `couchjs` solo I get:

not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libidn.11.dylib
from: /Users/jan/Downloads/Apache
not found
trap: 5

looks very solid, thanks! :)

I wil have a look at it.

one from source an ran into a few issues that I

close to shipping something solid.

few issues build-couchdb:

by temporarily unlinking help2man in Homebrew,
solution :)

Here are the updated binaries:
version into the rejected directory.

and I still get the linkage to the wrong

help2man again as couchjs -h was Abort

> Hi,
>
> -1 on 10.8.2 for me.
>
> I have the upgrade scenario. CouchDB starts and I have all my databases. That's great.
>
> But the installation check fails. The view server dies with "Illegal instruction: 4"
when I run bin/couchjs. The last version was ok.

Doh, good call.

For some reason bin/couchjs fails (Jason?), yet lib/couchdb/bin/couchjs works just fine, so
I set the default query server to that, but that breaks the upgrade case, obviously, I didn’t
realise that.

My workaround now would be to just copy lib/couchdb/bin/couchjs into bin/couchjs after cleaning
up the paths and reverting to use bin/couchjs

Sounds good?

* * *

Aside, I made a new repo https://github.com/janl/couchdb-mac-app that doesn’t have the (accidental
commit) of the 1.2.1 zip binary in the reflog.

And I pushed https://github.com/janl/build-couchdb-mac which contains the script for automating
the whole procedure.

Cheers
Jan