couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:40:34 GMT
Okay, cool, I think I've got this:

http://people.apache.org/~jan/dist/packages/mac/1.2.1/

Has a binary and signatures (please test) for a 1.2.1 that behaves like 1.2.0 that it picks
up ~/Library/Preferences/couchdb-server.ini

Commits I made for this:

https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/3110ca47c33878fb4e89ccbab988683afcc5a837
https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/36dffe68b63351ba2c264c3501a9cf5cf3b07857
https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/ee9735b1a672d7e524ab4c94850c137ec9abfeac
https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/a9146c1adbd97aa8e93bb3968c8c18abb72c9e61

Please test the binary one more time, I’d especially like to hear upgrade stories, where
customisations (say create an admin) from 1.2.0 still apply when you run 1.2.1.

Again, the main test suite will mostly give some trouble, but "Verify Installation" should
be all fine.

Woot Woot!
Jan
--

On Feb 15, 2013, at 14:02 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2013, at 13:45 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

I tried different compiler switches like "-mmacosx-version-min=10.6".
everything build on 10.8 can only run on 10.8.

start script (from master). It allows configuration via the environment $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE.
This allows to move the logs and database files to the user file space. Doing so the app can
run on r/o paths.
databases. I guess we can copy this over as it is done with the "erl" script.

this mean if we ship 1.2.1 as is, that people wouldn’t see their 1.2.0 databases, unless
I configure the same $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE? Where does the config file live?

>>> Fun, I can’t get the 1.2.0 binary* to run on any of my Macs. It crashes on
startup, no useful log information.

>> Curiously, running ./bin/couchdb from within the bundle works just fine.
>
> rm ~/Library/Preferences/*couch* helped.
>
> Just curious, why aren’t we using -a /path/to/file instead of the ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE?
>
> I might just rewrite the ObjC code to use -a, to be 1.2.x compatible without patching
./bin/couchdb

> Best
> Jan
> --
>

>>> So I can’t test upgrades. For anyone still having a working 1.2.0 Mac binary
here, can you tell me, what the non-customised database_dir (and other file paths are)?

or https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0-20120614.zip
via https://github.com/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/downloads*

>>> Best
>>> Jan