couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:50:29 GMT

On Feb 14, 2013, at 21:44 , Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de> wrote:

> +1 It runs on 10.8.2.
>
> Props on getting this running on earlier OSXes. I had no luck with this. I tried different
compiler switches like "-mmacosx-version-min=10.6".
> I even used a completely new tool chain based on gcc-mp-4.5. I believe everything build
on 10.8 can only run on 10.8.

The magic is that I compiled it on 10.7. I’ll keep a VM around for that.

> On point though. I have checked in a modified version of the couchdb start script (from
master). It allows configuration via the environment $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE. This
allows to move the logs and database files to the user file space. Doing so the app can run
on r/o paths.
> As this was also used in version 1.2 the update to 1.2.1 will find old databases. I guess
we can copy this over as it is done with the "erl" script.

Hm, I am not too keen on diverting from the shipping versions, but would this mean if we ship
1.2.1 as is, that people wouldn’t see their 1.2.0 databases, unless I configure the same
$COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE? Where does the config file live?

Best
Jan
--

> - Hans
>

> On Feb 14, 2013, at 6:24 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Same link, next try:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~jan/Apache-CouchDB-1.2.1.zip
>>
>> This works on 10.7 and 10.8 for me.
>>
>> If I get a few +1s here, I’ll put it on the site.
>>
>> Best
>> Jan
>> --

>>> Yup, that’s where I am. The XCode Project includes an adaptation of the orginal
>>> script that is slightly off, but I hope I can fix that. I don’t think this
needs
>>> to live in build-couchdb.
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Jan