couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:45:57 GMT

On Feb 15, 2013, at 13:43 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2013, at 22:50 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 14, 2013, at 21:44 , Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 It runs on 10.8.2.
>>>
>>> Props on getting this running on earlier OSXes. I had no luck with this. I tried
different compiler switches like "-mmacosx-version-min=10.6".
>>> I even used a completely new tool chain based on gcc-mp-4.5. I believe everything
build on 10.8 can only run on 10.8.

>> The magic is that I compiled it on 10.7. I’ll keep a VM around for that.
>>

>>> On point though. I have checked in a modified version of the couchdb start script
(from master). It allows configuration via the environment $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE.
This allows to move the logs and database files to the user file space. Doing so the app can
run on r/o paths.
>>> As this was also used in version 1.2 the update to 1.2.1 will find old databases.
I guess we can copy this over as it is done with the "erl" script.

>> Hm, I am not too keen on diverting from the shipping versions, but would this mean
if we ship 1.2.1 as is, that people wouldn’t see their 1.2.0 databases, unless I configure
the same $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE? Where does the config file live?

> Fun, I can’t get the 1.2.0 binary* to run on any of my Macs. It crashes on startup,
no useful log information.

Curiously, running ./bin/couchdb from within the bundle works just fine.

> So I can’t test upgrades. For anyone still having a working 1.2.0 Mac binary here,
can you tell me, what the non-customised database_dir (and other file paths are)?

or https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0-20120614.zip
via https://github.com/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/downloads*

> Best
> Jan