couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Hans J Schroeder ...@cloudno.de>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 21:34:10 GMT

On Feb 15, 2013, at 5:48 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> Note: uploaded a new version to the same location that fixes an issue if you are *not*
upgrading (or otherwise don’t have a ~/Library/Preferences/couchdb-server.ini

> Jan
> --
>
> On Feb 15, 2013, at 15:40 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Okay, cool, I think I've got this:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~jan/dist/packages/mac/1.2.1/
>>
>> Has a binary and signatures (please test) for a 1.2.1 that behaves like 1.2.0 that
it picks up ~/Library/Preferences/couchdb-server.ini

>> Commits I made for this:
>>
>> https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/3110ca47c33878fb4e89ccbab988683afcc5a837
>> https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/36dffe68b63351ba2c264c3501a9cf5cf3b07857
>> https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/ee9735b1a672d7e524ab4c94850c137ec9abfeac
>> https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app-1/commit/a9146c1adbd97aa8e93bb3968c8c18abb72c9e61
>>
>> Please test the binary one more time, I’d especially like to hear upgrade stories,
where customisations (say create an admin) from 1.2.0 still apply when you run 1.2.1.

>> Again, the main test suite will mostly give some trouble, but "Verify Installation"
should be all fine.

>> Woot Woot!
>> Jan
>> --

with this. I tried different compiler switches like "-mmacosx-version-min=10.6".
I believe everything build on 10.8 can only run on 10.8.

couchdb start script (from master). It allows configuration via the environment $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE.
This allows to move the logs and database files to the user file space. Doing so the app can
run on r/o paths.
find old databases. I guess we can copy this over as it is done with the "erl" script.

would this mean if we ship 1.2.1 as is, that people wouldn’t see their 1.2.0 databases,
unless I configure the same $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE? Where does the config file live?

on startup, no useful log information.

>>> rm ~/Library/Preferences/*couch* helped.
>>>
>>> Just curious, why aren’t we using -a /path/to/file instead of the ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE?
>>>
>>> I might just rewrite the ObjC code to use -a, to be 1.2.x compatible without
patching ./bin/couchdb

>>> Best
>>> Jan
>>> --

binary here, can you tell me, what the non-customised database_dir (and other file paths are)?

or https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0-20120614.zip
via https://github.com/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/downloads*

I don’t think this needs

this? Sorry, I've lost track.

put some work in to get
GitHub issues if so.

that makes

<jan@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
/couchdbx-core/bin/couchdb: line 263:
or directory on 10.8

<jan@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
zip file for 10.7 and 10.8 on

can put it up on the website:

at 17:22 , Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de>

1.2.1 binaries are ready to test. I tested on

Installation” or the basics.js test I get
`couchjs` solo I get:

not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libidn.11.dylib
/Users/jan/Downloads/Apache
not found
5

very solid, thanks! :)

I wil have a look at it.

from source an ran into a few issues that I

to shipping something solid.

issues build-couchdb:

temporarily unlinking help2man in Homebrew,
solution :)

are the updated binaries:
into the rejected directory.

I still get the linkage to the wrong

again as couchjs -h was Abort

Hi,

-1 on 10.8.2 for me.

I have the upgrade scenario. CouchDB starts and I have all my databases. That's great.

But the installation check fails. The view server dies with "Illegal instruction: 4" when
I run bin/couchjs. The last version was ok.

- Hans