couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Hans J Schroeder ...@cloudno.de>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:44:25 GMT
+1 It runs on 10.8.2.

Props on getting this running on earlier OSXes. I had no luck with this. I tried different
compiler switches like "-mmacosx-version-min=10.6".
I even used a completely new tool chain based on gcc-mp-4.5. I believe everything build on
10.8 can only run on 10.8.

On point though. I have checked in a modified version of the couchdb start script (from master).
It allows configuration via the environment $COUCHDB_ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILE. This allows to
move the logs and database files to the user file space. Doing so the app can run on r/o paths.
As this was also used in version 1.2 the update to 1.2.1 will find old databases. I guess
we can copy this over as it is done with the "erl" script.

- Hans

On Feb 14, 2013, at 6:24 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> Same link, next try:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jan/Apache-CouchDB-1.2.1.zip
>
> This works on 10.7 and 10.8 for me.
>
> If I get a few +1s here, I’ll put it on the site.
>
> Best
> Jan
> --
>

> On Feb 14, 2013, at 17:18 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 14, 2013, at 17:13 , Jason Smith <jhs@iriscouch.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, relocatable binaries has so-far been a non-goal for build-couchdb,
>>> simply since it is kind of tedious.
>>>
>>> If you still have access to the install-couchdb project, that has a pretty
>>> decent implementation of a post-install script which fixes paths and things.
>>
>> Yup, that’s where I am. The XCode Project includes an adaptation of the orginal
>> script that is slightly off, but I hope I can fix that. I don’t think this needs
>> to live in build-couchdb.
>>
>> Best
>> Jan
>> --