couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Hans J Schroeder ...@cloudno.de>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 20:36:30 GMT

On Jan 20, 2013, at 9:19 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2013, at 20:55 , Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de> wrote:

Lion and all tests went through.

133”. When running `couchjs` solo I get:

>>> Hey Hans,
>>>
>>> I tried building one from source an ran into a few issues that I wrote up here:
>>>
>>>  https://github.com/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/issues/4
>>>
>>> I feel we are very close to shipping something solid.
>>>
>>> Jason, I found a few issues build-couchdb:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb/issues/66
>>> https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb/issues/56
>>>
>>> I worked around it by temporarily unlinking help2man in Homebrew, but that
>>> can’t be the proper solution :)
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Jan
>>> --
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have found the bug. Here are the updated binaries: http://gitweb.cloudno.de/downloads/
>> I have moved the bugged version into the rejected directory.
>
> This looks better. Signatures are okay, runs fine, tests pass.
>
> The one nitpick is that this seems to be signed with your Apple developer credentials
and I get told that I shouldn’t install this unless I use File->Open (or right-click
open). My App Download policy set to "Mac App Store and identified developers". I don’t
seem to recall 1.2.0.app causing this, but I might be wrong.

> Best
> Jan
> --

Hi Jan,

Thanks for testing. You are experiencing gatekeeper which is new in 10.8.  The app is not
signed with an Apple ID only with GPG and that's why gatekeeper complains. The old 1.2 package
would also have triggered gatekeeper. You probably had OSX 10.7 when you installed the last
time. I think we are still good to go.

- Hans

P.S. I have checked in my fork of build-couchdb which applies 4 OSX-related patches before
building. Also make sure that are no LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS set in the environment before build.
There variables may point to existing includes and libraries in /opt/usr which causes build
errors.