couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch to switch from SpiderMonkey to Node.js
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:27:50 GMT
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

>
> On Jan 31, 2013, at 17:20 , Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>> On IOS and Android there isn't any stable release of nodejs today which
> >> can
> >>> be problematic. It is easier with v8 now but this is another topic.
> >>
> >> But we agree that this is out of scope for now?
> >>
> >
> >
> > This is a policy we should define imo. Do we want to think to a
> > cross-platform solution today (desktop, mobile & other) and if yes we
> have
> > to make sure it works or will we have different solutions depending on
> the
> > platform. We can also just ignore that part and let it for the future
> with
> > the possibility to switch again. I have no strong opinion on that but
> that
> > something that should be decided imo.
>
> I’d say we make that policy once we have the code. I’m totally in favour.
>
>
> I don't really see the interrest to code a thing without having settled on
that subject. This one have a direct impact on the implementation chosen
imo. But I understand the point.

- benoît

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message