couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: All The Numbers -- View Engine Performance Benchmarks
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 12:22:34 GMT
On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Jason Smith <jhs@iriscouch.com> wrote:

> * Very little difference in different implementations (because stdio is the
> bottleneck)

Why stdio is a bottleneck? I'm interesting underlay reasons.

As for my experience, the protocol design doesn't allows view and
query servers works faster as they can. For example, we have 50 ddocs
with validate functions. For each document save there would be
executed from 100 commands (50 resets + 50 ddoc validate_doc_update
calls) till 150 commands (+ddocs caches), while it's possible to
process them in bulk mode.

--