couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From lenz <norb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simplifying Fauxton Setup
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 21:21:49 GMT
not posting here as often as i should ... :-)

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Russell Branca <chewbranca@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting point about updating the $PATH Jan. I'm not opposed to going
> back to installing grunt and bbb globally, although one intermediate option
> that might work well is to just add a bin folder and add proxy scripts for
> grunt and bbb that just point into node_modules/.bin/.

we use the /bin folder option in iwantmyname with proxy scripts for a
watcher and and a grunt compile task. that works well for deployment
and local development for us less node focused people and js geeks
seem to be ok with it as well. having a script that can be called for
deployments is really handy for us and makes automation so much
easier. also nothing really leaks outside the projects which is
important for a server deployment for us.

cheers
lenz