couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac CouchDB binaries are ready to test
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 21:03:55 GMT

On Jan 20, 2013, at 22:01 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2013, at 21:36 , Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de> wrote:

on Mountain Lion and all tests went through.

133”. When running `couchjs` solo I get:

>>> This looks better. Signatures are okay, runs fine, tests pass.
>>>
>>> The one nitpick is that this seems to be signed with your Apple developer credentials
and I get told that I shouldn’t install this unless I use File->Open (or right-click
open). My App Download policy set to "Mac App Store and identified developers". I don’t
seem to recall 1.2.0.app causing this, but I might be wrong.

>>> Best
>>> Jan
>>> --
>>>

>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> Thanks for testing. You are experiencing gatekeeper which is new in 10.8.  The app
is not signed with an Apple ID only with GPG and that's why gatekeeper complains. The old
1.2 package would also have triggered gatekeeper. You probably had OSX 10.7 when you installed
the last time. I think we are still good to go.

> That is a good reason why I don’t remember :) 1.2.0 predates 10.8.
>
> I agree that things look good now.
>
> In the future, we should decide what to do about an Apple ID signed binary.
>

>> P.S. I have checked in my fork of build-couchdb which applies 4 OSX-related patches
before building. Also make sure that are no LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS set in the environment before
build. There variables may point to existing includes and libraries in /opt/usr which causes
build errors.

> Cool, I’ll check that out in the morning. Thanks!
>
> Jan
> --

One more note: The CouchDBX-App runs fine on 10.7.5, but the embedded CouchDB crashes of course.
There isn’t much we can do, except also providing a 10.7.5 binary, right?

Best
Jan