couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Failing CLI tests
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 02:02:23 GMT
(Suffice it to say, this results in unpredictable, and hence useless,
Travis builds.)

I am getting this also:

../test/etap/140-attachment-comp.t ......... Failed 9/85 subtests

I feel like a broken record at this point, but I do just want to
reitterate: tests that do not work 100% of the time make our testing
infrastructure next to useless. Which may be hyperbole, but false negatives
certainly are not helpful. More to the point, they make my job much harder
than it needs to be. I have literally been trying to get distcheck to pass
for two hours now.

The only reason it has taken two hours is that one of the tests fails each
time I run it. I feel like I'm playing the world's most boring and unfun
slot machine. All I need is for this distcheck to pass so I can continue
with my work.

For reference, I am doing this on High-Memory Quadruple Extra Large EC2
instance.

--
NS