couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [4/6] git commit: Fix copy-paste typo, remove changes history for request object.
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 00:26:31 GMT
Thanks Alexander.

Jan, I see what you're saying. But the purpose of the docs is to highlight
key information for end users. Just like we don't complain about
duplicating logic in the docs (consider the "just read the code" argument)
I don't think we should complain about duplicating change history. But
obviously, only when it is useful for end users. Who, let's face it, are
not going to go poking around in Git to find out when some attribute or
argument was changed. And if we do expect users to do this sort of thing,
why bother with the docs at all?

--
NS