couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: branch names
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 18:25:21 GMT
On 4 December 2012 19:08, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> +1
>

> On 4 December 2012 17:55, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> just a heads up, the scheme for branch names we agreed on
>> is: 1532-feature-add-docs No underscores. Please follow
>> this.
>>
>> The fact that the cors branch doesn’t follow this is a
>> historic artefact that I thought wasn’t worth cleaning
>> up, but it looks I was wrong.

We have 3 branches that are out of kilter, I've fixed them up now,
431, 1346, 1536 respectively.

That leaves:

new-security-object - which I can't see in master - any idea what this
relates to @davisp?
test-for-unexported-functions - @jan ?
docs - which I will clean up once we are OK on the docs merge.

Finally, I've a suggestion - to keep the working list of branches
short, but still have the actual commits available if needed, we could
tag branches like docs or cors that have had significant intermediary
work. The tags ensure that despite the branch being removed, the
commits will not be garbage collected. Or just get rid of the branches
completely if others think that's better.

A+
Dave