couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: docs branch
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 20:21:13 GMT
On 1 December 2012 16:01, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> Why is this only coming up now? We've been talking about this for weeks.

Mainly because this week is the first time I've seriously worked
through squashing and cleaning it up as prep for merging it.

> I also complete disagree with the idea that we need more testing. I have a
> few more tiny things that I want to do, but once I am happy, then I think
> we're ready to merge. And I think this can happen today.
>
> What is the actual problem here? Are you running into problems getting the
> branch merged into master? I presume we are trying to merge it into master
> in one changset, and then merge that into 1.3.x.

Per IRC discussion we will do this as cherrypicks into 1.3.x and master equally.

> There is no need to split the changes into logical chunks, IMO.

Bringing a single large change in one go makes it very hard to work
back to a single commit if you're hunting for a regression that isn't
covered in a test suite.

If we can separate out the autotools upgrade part from the rest, I'd
feel much more comfortable. Let's have a crack at that tonight.

A+
Dave