couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IRC meeting - 2012-12-12
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:12:57 GMT
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com>wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> This week was brought to you by [Antici-pation]. Full meeting
> logs/actions are available from URLs at end.
>
> ## Next Meeting:
>
> Same Bat Day, Same Bat Place: Wednesday 19th December, details below.
>
> *** different time *** to permit our scattered community to join. 6
> hours earlier. See links at end including a CALENDAR option.
>
> ## New Actions:
>
> COUCHDB-1334:
> - davisp to help dch with a minimal port driver (doesn't have to be in
> windows erlang) to explore the issue

> 1.3.0:
> - revert COUCHDB-1334
> - revert Jan's symlink patch
> - SHIP

> - dch to push 1.3.x & master branches with docs (woot)
> - dch to add cors docs to 1.3.x

Sounds good. Though these last minutes reverts are quite worrying though.
Why have they ever been in the release branch if we weren't sure about them?

> Other Stuff:
> - dch to engage erlang@ for converting js tests to etap tests

? the dev@ is more appropriate imo since it's about the dev. Also why etap?
Shouldn't it wait any discussion about our testing tooling first? I would
prefer to go for standard tools myself.

As a side note i'm still unsure about the usefulness of the erlang@ ml, it
pretty much distracts others from the dev@ ml which could have been used to
share devs and questions about internal design.

> - Bob Dionne to mail dev@ discussing couchdb-internal-api details

what is it about?

> - Adam Kocoloski & Benoit Chesneau to send summary of testing in their
> forks to dev@ to start the discussion

I am unsure now what is expected here ?

- benoit