couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: branch names
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 18:19:04 GMT
On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> just a heads up, the scheme for branch names we agreed on
> is: 1532-feature-add-docs No underscores. Please follow
> this.
>
> The fact that the cors branch doesn’t follow this is a
> historic artefact that I thought wasn’t worth cleaning
> up, but it looks I was wrong.
>
> From now on, I will rule with an iron fist about getting
> these details right. Current branches with diverging names
> are exempt.
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --

Actually we were agree to discuss that later a little more.

I do think we should distinct the issue number from the rest. And using an
underscore was good for that. Not a big deal though.

Also something that wasn't discussed is how we distinct ticket or pr from
github from the rest.  *If* this should be distinguished.

- benoit