couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let’s ship 1.3.0 now.
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:51:35 GMT

On Nov 13, 2012, at 20:43 , Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why 60 days.

We roughly agreed on quarterly releases. To simplify, I use 90 days.
I’d say we want at least 30 days to get a release branch into shape
(ideally we shouldn’t need that, but I’ll leave this for the transition
phase).

> Why not "when it"s ready" and by it's I mean doc & cors.

The feature branches get into the release track whenever they are ready.

> if it's part of 1.3.

The point of this email is to decouple cors & docs from 1.3.0.

Cheers
Jan