couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Focus
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:03:34 GMT
I think this is a great initiative Jan.

I am sure there are a few people right now who are thinking "Hey, but I am
working on X, and Jan didn't mention X, so is X important? Or is Jan
telling me I shouldn't be working on X?" Well, I understand that. As it
happens, I am working on the docs, and Jan didn't mention them.

But I don't think the idea is that anything not on the list is unimportant,
or that if you're working on something else, then you should stop. Just
that we need to have a regularly updated list of our current PROJECT LEVEL
focus.

And so, with that caveat out of the way...

Jan, as this is your initiative, can I ask you to start a page on the wiki?
We should document this.

I think the wiki page should probably have three things on it. A list of
our current focus areas. An archived list of previous focus areas. And a
list of areas to focus on in the future.

I think we should also review this monthly. Each month, review the current
focus areas, see what has been done and what has not. Archive the list.
Create a new one for the current month. And decide on whether we want to
add any other items. This should be a dev-level decision making process,
perhaps in the first IRC meeting of the month.

A monthly email to both user and dev, along with general project status,
might be a good thing to come out of this too.

Thoughts?

--
NS