couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Futon.Next - Streaming Results
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 14:25:05 GMT
One of the great things about couchdb is that it the data it emits can be
consumed in a streaming manner. I would really like that to be brought into
the futon.next project.

I have done some initial work porting over the JSONStream library (from Max
Ogden and Tim Caswell) into an easy to use AMD package. It can be found
here:

http://jamjs.org/packages/#/details/JSONStream

One question I have is with the use of Backbone and streaming responses.
Can it's collection models be set to work with a streaming source? We would
somehow have to hook into its url handling and also render partial
templates on each 'row' object received. Anyone have some suggestions on
how to proceed to do that?

Ryan