couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: I just love CouchDB.
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 13:54:14 GMT
On 19 November 2012 03:10, kiruba sankar s <kiruba.sankars@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have been working with couchdb more then a year and familiar with
> MapReduce and data modeling with No-SQL databases.
>
> I would like join QA and documentation with couchdb. Please guide me
> through the process.
>
> By the way, I am playing with Web, Javascript, ExtJS, CSS, DOTNET from past
> 8 years.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kiruba Sankar.S

Hi Kiruba,

Welcome! We'd love to have some help.

If you like, you could start off with a couple of things - building
the 1.3.x release and working through the test procedure:

- building from source on your favourite platform
- we are currently working on the 1.3.x release branch in
git://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git
- the http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_Procedure and
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure

- there's a doc branch also (which doesn't *quite* build atm)
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Documentation has notes on it, make
sure you read the DEVELOPERS file in the root of the branch too.

At some point, I suggest you jump on irc at #couchdb-dev on freenode
at some point and we can find something from there. I'm dch@ but there
will be others around if I'm not.

A+
Dave