couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Allowing merge commits to master branch
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 07:30:30 GMT
Merge commits have two parents. This is currently disabled by the git hooks
I wrote. Which affects things like GH PR's being automatically closed when
merged to master etc.

The alternative method is to rebase commits to master which changes the
sha1 which prevents Git from automatically tracking what branches they're
on.