couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Let’s ship 1.3.0 now.
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 02:56:23 GMT
The point of not including cors in 1.3 is precisely so we're not rushing
things. Historically we have had a habit of wanting "the next big feature"
in "the next big release" which tends to make our releases drag out a bit
as we wait on volunteers to work through the big features. The idea behind
time based releases is that we'll have releases regularly and then won't
need to rush to get big features done quickly because the delay between
releases will only be a couple months instead of in the 6-12 month range.

+1 on releasing (assuming that all blocker bugs are cleared, I haven't
checked the list lately) without CORS and docs.