couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Futon.Next Proof of Concept
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 19:33:26 GMT
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Octavian Damiean <mainerror@gmail.com>wrote:

> It's starting to bug me enormously to see so much fear and such an amount
> of aversion against new technologies. In fact it bugs me enough to be
> driven away from the project. I'll probably start my own version using the
> tools I prefer.
>
> aversion to new technologies? Are you really speaking to me ? :)

Anyway my intention is not to discourage you to use  any tool. But
I'm questioning the ease of their integration later which is quite
different to say "don't use X". If grunt do the job and won't increase our
toolchain too much (and I don't see how we can handle expm and such). I
just raised the question because it wasn't on the table. Now if people want
to start with grunt go for it. Will see the rest  later if people are
comfortable with that.

- benoit