couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: questions about some commits on external libs
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 11:16:24 GMT
On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Bob Dionne <bob.dionne@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> I made that ibrowse commit. I'm not sure what the process is with respect to pushing
this upstream. At Cloudant we maintain  a fork of ibrowse that also seems to track couchdb
changes to ibrowse as well. I'm happy to handle it however you see fit.

> I think this is where the rebar component based approach works well. It enables independent
development of the components. Switching to a newer version is just changing a line in rebar.config

I agree, this is the best way to handle that for temporary changes.
But we should also send the patch upstream so it can be integrated. If
we don't we will have to manage our own fork and upgrades from
upstream may be difficult at some point.

btw are the cloudant for ibrowse (& mochiweb?) in sync with current
version in couch? If yes I could probably use them as a temporary
solution as well.

- benoƮt